Adding Listing Photos to MLXchange
The MLXchange image submitter makes it easy to upload multiple property images to the MLXchange database.
To add a new listing image:
1. From the Listing Summary page, click Images to expand the section.
2. Select an image slot from the list. If you choose an image slot that already contains an image, the new image will replace the existing image. To simply delete the image from the selected image slot, click Delete.
3. Select an image name that best describes the image you want to add.
4. Click Browse. A Choose File dialog box appears. Locate and select the image you want to add to the listing, and then click Open. A preview of the image appears.
5. You can now adjust the image in a number of ways:
- You can change the zoom level by right-clicking and dragging on the image.
- If you have zoomed in, you can pan up, down, left or right by clicking and dragging on the image.
- When you are satisfied with the image, right-click the image and choose Crop Image as Displayed from the pop-up menu.
6. Click Save. Repeat the steps above to add additional property images.
Recommended Photo Size or Resolution
MLXchange does not have a minimum or maximum size for photos. Rather, MLXchange will scale photos up or down to fit within the allotted space on reports. The maximum size a report in MLXchange will display the photo is in the range of 800 x 600 (depending on the site and report). There is no need to have a photo larger than this, but it is not a restriction.
Recommended Photo Format
When submitting photos, either to the MLS Photo Department or directly input into MLXchange system, please keep in mind that the photos you submit will be exported to various web sites over the internet, including RILiving.com and Realtor.com. To ensure that your listings are viewed correctly via all internet sites, we highly recommend that all your listing photos be a COLORED landscape (See example below) JPEG (.jpg) image.
Contact the Photo Department at MLS Customer Service at 785-9898 x 6922 for more information on listing photos.